geigerzaehlerforum.de

Autor Thema: "Better Geiger" - Low cost scintillator detector  (Gelesen 1575 mal)

BetterGeiger

• Neuling
Re: "Better Geiger" - Low cost scintillator detector
« Antwort #30 am: 03. Dezember 2021, 19:22 »
The last post was a bit premature, now the user interface is really complete. (although further improvements/additions might still come...)

This is a video showing it:

https://twitter.com/BetterGeiger/status/1466833394608721920?s=20

I am doing final testing to try to be sure there are no hardware or firmware bugs left. After that I will launch the Kickstarter, then I will order larger quantities of PCBs etc. I should be able to ship out orders 1-2 months after the Kickstarter. The most uncertain part will be CE certification, but the board does not have anything which I expect to create any RF interference problems. Worst case is some more PCB changes are needed.

BetterGeiger

• Neuling
« Antwort #31 am: 11. Dezember 2021, 17:10 »
Here is the big update! :)

Kickstarter is live, there is also a video demonstration and some new details in the text.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bettergeiger/better-geiger-radiation-detector?ref=azp6uz

DG0MG

• Administrator
« Antwort #32 am: 11. Dezember 2021, 20:03 »
Kann Kickstarter mit Paypal umgehen? Ich lese nur was von Kreditkarten ..
"Bling!": Irgendjemand Egales hat Irgendetwas Egales getan! Schnell hingucken!

BetterGeiger

• Neuling
« Antwort #33 am: 12. Dezember 2021, 03:34 »
Unfortunately not. Maybe with debit card (like Maestro) but I'm not sure. If you cannot find a way then please send a message on the contact form of www.bettergeiger.com and I can try to find an alternative solution.

BetterGeiger

• Neuling
« Antwort #34 am: 08. Januar 2022, 16:10 »
Friendly reminder, 48 hours to go:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bettergeiger/better-geiger-radiation-detector?ref=b6v7au

And a copy/paste from a project update I posted:

"There has been a lot of interest amongst DIY enthusiasts in having access to the raw signal on the board so that they can connect it to their own data-logging device or whatever else.  I was hesitant make that an accessible feature because it can easily lead to user mistakes and fried electronics, but on the other hand I know people will do it anyway and I do really love seeing projects like that. So, I've decided to add some connection points onto the board to make that easier to do and perhaps less risky (compared to trying to go in blind trying to reverse-engineer the contact points). There is one caveat, though - if something goes wrong and you kill your detector please don't ask me for a replacement, as this is not an officially supported use of the device. :) "

...that should include analog pulse signal and digital trigger signal. Probably an analog output for time-averaged dose also but I'm not sure certain.